OUR STORY: At age 16, Brigitte Holthausen moved to New Orleans from Brazil. Soon after, she started selling sandals, jewelry, and backpacks at the Historic French Market, a 200 year-old marketplace in the heart of New Orleans. Brigitte’s exotic assortment of products set her apart from the other vendors and her small business quickly took off! In 1993, Brigitte met her husband, Luciano Holthausen, who saw many opportunities in New Orleans. The very next year they teamed up to open a small boutique on Chartres Street—and HEMLINE was officially born!
Today, Hemline has become an unrivaled style empire. There are 29 locations across Louisiana, Texas, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, and Tennessee. With lines such as Alexis, Misa, Nicole Miller, Show Me Your Mumu, DVF, and Free People, Hemline continues to provide style and excellence to its loyal customer base.
With the help of Hemline’s incredible franchises, corporate office, and staff, Hemline will continue to uphold its brand as it expands into new horizons.
Our Mission: To provide high-quality, unique merchandise to fashion-forward woman and to create long-lasting customer relationships rooted in the trusted Hemline name and reputation.
At HEMLINE the most successful team members have a thirst and the creativity to make this the top retailer brand in the world. With a small team based out of New Orleans, LA we are a dynamic bunch that are motivated by getting the company to the next level. It’s our goal to hire high-energy, diverse, bright, creative, and flexible individuals who thrive in a fast-paced work environment. In return, we promise to keep HEMLINE a company where inspired people will always thrive.
This is a full time role for a candidate who is able to partner with the internal Marketing team members. You will help manage the brand, develop strategic partnerships and own growing our social channels. You will own ideation and conception of any content, through execution, reporting on results and impact. This position requires an extremely organized and detail oriented individual who can collaborate with the existing Marketing team as well as across all levels of the organization. We are looking for someone who is capable of working on numerous projects at a time in a fast-paced, results-driven, environment and is able to learn quickly as they go.
- A critical seat at the table in establishing the brand of a rapidly growing retail company.
- 30% or more off retail prices
- Access to company events
- Ground floor opportunity to join a growing team that makes an impact on a daily basis.
- Exposure to women's buying, and creative opportunities within the fashion world.
RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned)
- Designing comprehensive product and content marketing strategies and implementing campaigns across various distribution channels (29 locations in the southeast)
- Working with Head of Buying to take advantage of new deliveries and important products.
- Coordinating with Sales teams across all locations to plan industry events with clients and prospects
- Conduct ongoing research to find new partnerships and brand ambassadors
- Create content through monthly photoshoots for website and social media platforms
- Represent the brand externally
- Social: Manage our social platforms, analyzing its performance and growth
- Partnerships: Develop a partnership strategy, identifying influencers and brand partners that will bolster our brand vision, drive user acquisition, and add unique inventory to the Heroine community. Tracking all influencer posts including helping to create monthly and event recaps
- Curate content for our email distribution channel, working with ourteam to test and optimize content and subject lines with the goal of strengthening engagement of our email subscribers
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Desire to work in a role with significant autonomy but with high expectations
- Interest in bringing creative thought to a rapidly growing company
- 1-3 years of work experience in marketing.
- 1-3 years experience handling multiple clients
- BA/BS or equivalent experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without requiring any sponsorship for employment visa (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future. No OPT extensions.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN PEOPLE:
- Execution and accountability driven mentality that takes pride in getting the job done accurately in a timely fashion.
- Intellectual curiosity, a mind for process and a drive for continual improvement.
- Demonstrated passion for problem solving, a desire to help people and a client-centric focus.
- A comfort level with both giving and receiving respectful constructive critical feedback.
- Positive relationship with change; showing an ability to adapt while staying focused on larger goals.
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment.
- The ability to identify and articulate goals and measurements for your and others’ success.
- Phone Interview, In Person Interview(s), Project then subsequent discussions when needed.